Roland F. Hall
Northeast Atlanta Office (Tucker)
2100 East Exchange Place
Tucker, GA 30084
- J.D., Mercer University Law School, 1991.
- B.A., Mercer University, 1994.
- Georgia (1994)
- Florida (1995)
- Negotiating automated meter system purchase and licensing agreements on behalf of electric distribution cooperatives
- Negotiating and drafting various fiber optic agreements, including swap, construction, IRU, and lease agreements
- Negotiating and drafting colocation agreements with various providers
- Assisting with conversion of large member organization (over 100,000 members) to a hybrid corporation/cooperative structure
- Negotiating and drafting power purchase agreements, ground leases, and interconnection agreements for various solar projects
- Assisting with procurement/upgrade of SCADA systems, including negotiating purchase and licensing agreements
- Various worker cooperative conversions
- Assisting cooperatives with private stock offerings and related securities matters
- Providing guidance regarding NERC requirements, including cybersecurity requirements
- Assisting land owners with negotiating solar ground leases with developers and utilities
- Representing distribution cooperative with purchase of power plants from a power marketer
- Obtaining trademarks and entering into trademark agreements for an international equipment supplier
Co-author, “Seven Steps for Effectively Handling Contested Elections,” Management Quarterly, Fall 2020.
Co-author, “Updating Food Cooperative Member Labor Issues,” Cooperative Grocer, March/April 2018.
“Navigating the Nitty-Gritty Details of AMI Initiatives,” Renew Grid, December 2011.
Co-author, “Addressing Calls for Transparency in Electric Cooperatives,” Management Quarterly, Winter 2010.
Co-author, the book The Law of Cooperatives, American Bar Association’s Business Law Section (2009).
Co-author, “The Advantages of the Cooperative Model for Broadband Services,” Cooperative Business Journal, July/August 2009.
Atlanta Bar Association
American Bar Association
Cooperative Professionals Guild
Electric Cooperative Bar Association
Georgia Cooperative Development Center
State Bar of Georgia
The Florida Bar