NREL, in support of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Energy Technologies Office, is offering a no-cost PV training program for 50 cities and counties seeking to go solar on their facilities (both buildings and land).
Cities and counties will be notified about their selection by December 15, 2017. In addition, resources developed through the program will be posted to this page over the coming year. The tentative schedule for posting materials is:
- January: Goals Development and Your Solar Team
- February: Site Identification and Screening
- March: Project Validation and Permitting
- April: Project Economics and Financing
- May: Solar Procurement (Requests for Proposals and Power Purchase Agreements)
For detailed information on the training program, view the City And County Solar PV Training Series Kickoff Webinar and the corresponding slides