AHC attorneys Charles Autry and David Cook will present a teleconference about solar energy development. Here is a summary of the program from its sponsor, the National Business Institute. It is available online here.
Get a step up in assisting your client’s business in becoming part of the renewable energy industry. This fundamental program will address some of the basic issues arising in the growing area of solar power development, including critical risks to avoid, tax advantages, power purchase agreements and more. Better understand the financial benefits of being a solar energy producer and learn how to assist your client in avoiding legal and regulatory obstacles. Register today!
- Learn about the growing number of federal and state energy programs and recently enacted tax exemptions and credits for constructing solar power systems.
- Get tips for negotiating interconnection and power purchase agreements.
- Review tax considerations and risks involved.
- Review issues relating to design and construction contracts for solar power installations.
Who Should Attend
This timely briefing will provide valuable information for attorneys. Others that may benefit include real estate professionals, project developers, investors, public utilities, independent power producers, non-profit organizations, government officials, energy company professionals, engineers and paralegals.
- Overview of Developing a Typical Solar Energy Project
- Key Risks Involved
- Considerations for Obtaining Financing
- Important Tax Considerations
- The Impact of Project Location on Regulatory Requirements
- Negotiating Interconnection and Power Purchase Agreements with Utilities
- Unique Aspects of Construction Contracts for Solar Energy Projects
- The Utility Perspective on Solar Energy Projects