AHC attorneys David R. Cook and Roland F. Hall will present a webinar on ways to minimize disputes in energy projects. The webinar will focus on project contracts and their role in reducing ambiguity and potential for disputes among project participants.
Properly drafted project development and construction contracts — especially the power purchase agreement — are essential to project success. Contracts that clearly define and allocate the parties’ rights and responsibilities can greatly assist in clarifying the parties’ roles and preventing misunderstandings. On the other hand, unclear or insufficient project contracts can result in misunderstandings, major project setbacks, and unforeseen costs that minimize project viability and may erupt into litigation. In the worst case, poorly drafted contracts may result in an unfinanceable project.
Key topics will include:
- Allocating project risks and rewards
- Clearly delineating responsibility for accomplishing important tasks
- Establishing contractual rights and remedies in the event of breach and default
- Responsibilities for providing ancillary services
- Required terms for long-term financing arrangements
More information about the webinar, including date, time, and registration information is available here.
Subscribe here to sign up for e-mail updates to this blog.