In David’s energy and utility law practice, he advises utilities with their transactional, regulatory, and organizational needs. David has prepared multi-million dollar power-purchase agreements for wholesale power needs extending decades into the future. He has drafted, litigated, or advised clients concerning various energy instruments such as guaranties, letters of credit, power pools, interconnection agreements, and power-purchase agreements. He advises energy clients on state and federal regulatory matters, renewable energy tax credits and incentives, regulatory and tax depreciation, environmental and pollution-control matters.
- “Top Ten Considerations of Fiber Installation Contracts,” Rural Telecom Magazine, Spring 2017.
- “Legal Corner: Co-ops Should Periodically Evaluate Their Member Equity Practices,” Rural Cooperative Magazine, USDA (Nov./Dec. 2013).
- “Effectively Managing Capital Credits,” The Cooperative Accountant, National Society of Accountants For Cooperatives (Spring 2012).
- “The Law of Cooperatives,” Chapter 7 – “Taxation of Cooperatives,” America Bar Association 2009.
- Energy Law Blog.
- “Unclaimed Capital Credits and Deposits,” Georgia EMC Accounting Association, Spring 2017.
- “Advanced Taxation and Cooperative Finance,” National Cooperative Business Association, Professionals Conference, September 2016.
- “Capital Credits Best Practices,” Georgia EMC Counsel Association, 2016.
- “Capital Credits: A Legal Perspective,” National Telecommunications Cooperative Association – The Rural Broadband Association, Annual Meeting, February 2016.
- “Cooperative Tax Update,” National Telecommunications Cooperative Association – The Rural Broadband Association, Finance and Accounting Conference, 2014.
- “Cooperative Law and Tax Update,” Georgia EMC Accountants Association, Spring 2014.
- “Cooperative Taxation Update,” National Telecommunications Cooperative Association – The Rural Broadband Association, 2013 Finance and Accounting Conference, Aug. 27, 2013.
- “Power Purchase Agreement Accounting and Taxation,” Electric Utility Consultants, Inc. Webinar, July 31, 2012.
- “Cooperative Law Update,” Georgia EMC Accountants Association, Spring 2012.
- “An Annual Update on Cooperative Taxation,” National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives, March 29, 2012.
- “Cooperative Law Update,” Georgia EMC Accountants Association, Fall 2011.
- “Electric Cooperative Capital Credits Litigation,” The 23rd Annual Georgia Electric Membership Corporation Counsel Association Annual Meeting, June 2011.
- “The Basics of Capital Credits,” Various Electric Cooperatives, 2010.
- “Capital Credits and Equity Management,” Georgia Electric Membership Corporation Accountants Association, October 21-22, 2010.